Forcing XORG to use /root?

Schumi Imor schumiimor at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 08:55:15 PST 2008

Hello,
  I'm not sure how to asking this question, but here are the details.
I have an embedded device running Debian with xorg, I have a init.d
script to run "startx &" and another xinitrc script to run "firefox",
it all works great, but it seems XORG is not running in any user mode,
not even root, since I haven't logged in and all this is happening
before login. But for some reason, firefox is going and getting the
.mozilla profile from / instead of /root.
On the other hand, if remove the startx from init.d and login as root,
then run "startx" all works fine and firefox gets its profile from
/root/.mozilla.

So, forgive me if this ends up to be a mozilla question, but I'm
wondering if there is a way to tell xorg to run under a certain user
before login... to solve this issue?

Thanks