XGetImage returns junk with Xorg/dummy_drv/VTs

McDonald, Michael-p7438c Michael.McDonald at gdc4s.com
Fri Nov 21 14:23:03 PST 2008

  I'm trying to run the Xorg server using the dummy driver in the
"background" in Linux. Everything works fine as long as the dummy Xorg
has the VT "focus". If it's in the background, then XGetImage returns
junk data.

  It seems like the VT code is somehow causing the framebuffer to get
swapped out. Can someone give me a hint as to what's going on? And how
to work around it if there is a work around?

  Or how to compile Xorg with VT support?

Mike McDonald