Xorg 1.5.1 SEGV on Solaris 10

Pat Kane pekane52 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 09:49:10 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 9:45 AM, Alan Coopersmith
<Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com> wrote:
> I haven't needed any special options for libpciaccess on Solaris Nevada, though
> I have made a number of fixes along the way that are in the libpciaccess 0.10.4
> release (and a couple more minor ones in the latest git not yet released).
>
> I've also had to finish the transition of the Xorg PCI code for Solaris to being
> pure libpciaccess, without the old direct PCI accessing code - those commits are
> only in the master branch so far - the set I've pulled into the 1.5.3 builds I'm
> working on packaging for OpenSolaris is (I think this includes all the
> interdependencies, but haven't verified just this set - our build includes a
> bunch more patches for other changes, not all of which I've pushed upstream
> yet):

Thanks for the info, I just started to use the libpciaccess from current git
and have the same problem.

My debug shows that this ioctl in solx_devfs.c:

	if (((rval = ioctl(nexus->fd, PCITOOL_DEVICE_GET_REG, prg_p)) != 0) ||
	    (prg_p->data == 0xffffffff)) {

is returning bogus data when  prg_p->bus_no  is greater than 127,
and I get an APIC error in the console log.

Could this be a bug in the 508 Solaris 10 kernel?

I now have a workaround by not probing bus no's > 127

Pat
----