X server 1.6 release schedule

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Nov 19 09:25:43 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 10:12 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:

> I think it's most natural to do this as additional border fields in a
> MODEINFO.  Imagine a new definition:

I'd say adding a new border size and color request would be easier;
you'd set the pending border size/color and then set the mode, just like
properties. One question is whether we'd bother doing a driver-specific
API or whether we'd just allocate the larger frame buffer, paint the
border, and then just use a subset of that for the screen.

We already separate out the projected size of the crtc (that portion of
the screen represented in the crtc) from the mode size; that's necessary
for rotation and other transforms.

keith.packard at intel.com