/dev/uinput with X11

Leandro Galvez galvez.andy at cassis-intl.com
Wed Nov 19 03:22:29 PST 2008

I am trying to write my xorg.conf for my simulated touchscreen and my
simulated keyboard. How do I write it? What should I put in the
"Option->Device" field? I dont have any physical device so I dont have any
/dev/input/eventX. Can I just put Option->Device->/dev/input/uinput into
these fields for keyboard and touchscreen?

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier "CCHIP Touchscreen"
  Driver "evtouch"
  Option "Device" "/dev/input/uinput"