New 8.11 ati driver

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Nov 15 20:55:59 PST 2008

Greetings;

Had a hell of a time getting it to build until I told it for 32 bit RHEL5.  F8
system, 32 bit, amd 9550 4 core phenom, 4GB of ram on an ASUS M2N-SLI Delux
mobo.

I ran aticonfig, but it didn't seem entirely happy, then a startx winds up
complaining of a missing /dev/dri/card0 (among other things)  It also leaves
the tty window I did the startx in blanked until I switch tty's and back.

Install log, and a failed Xorg.0.log are attached.

Can anyone suggest whats really wrong with all those signal 11's?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)