X server 1.6 release schedule

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Sat Nov 15 19:05:11 PST 2008

On Nov 14, 2008, at 14:03, Donnie Berkholz wrote:

> On 13:13 Fri 14 Nov     , Keith Packard wrote:
>> Here's a proposed schedule of events:
>>
>> Cut a release branch, do a -RC1 release:	11/24
>>
>> Track remaining work on scheduled features,
>> cherry-picking commits from master. Cut -RC2	12/8
>>
>> Stop accepting new code, focus on bug fixing.
>> Cut -RC3					12/22
>>
>> Update documentation, mark known bugs, build
>> packages and ship final	bits.			1/5
>
> Sounds fine on the Gentoo front. I would like one minor change,
> though.
> Let's only give the RC tag to things that are truly candidates for a
> final release and are not adding new features. Those would be betas
> instead, so it would be like this:
>
> 1.6_beta1:     11/24
> 1.6_beta2:     12/08
> 1.6_rc1:       12/22
> 1.6_rc2:       12/29
> 1.6:           01/05

Yeah... I second that...

Also, is there any objection to my pushing xquartz-specific patches
directly into server-1.6-branch rather than putting them into the
cherry-pick-nomination wiki list?  I've gotten the impression before
that "if it's #ifdef XQUARTS or in hw/xquartz, we don't care" ... so
I'm assuming that's ok... and if I need anything more than that, I'll
nominate it in the wiki list...