Mouse button problems using Logitech NX80

Matija Šuklje matija.suklje at rutka.net
Sat Nov 15 13:38:33 PST 2008

Dne torek 11. novembra 2008 je Dan Nicholson napisal(a):
> Most likely this is because X is adding devices from HAL and skipping
> the settings in xorg.conf. The way to solve this is to put your input
> configuration in an fdi file and comment out the settings in
> xorg.conf.

OK, I've switched all my mouse and touchpad settings to HAL's .fdi files and
commented them out in 'xorg.conf'.

Solved:
* hotplugging works! :D
* both my new and old mouse get proper resolution out-of-the-box (they have
different resolutions)

Not solved:
* button mapping for the mouse still doesn't work (see below)

New problems:
* button mapping for the mouse now works neither in KDE, nor KDM nor Fluxbox
* 'xev' now doesn't even recognise the HWheel buttons (evtest does though)
* synaptics driver using HAL ignores pretty much all the options (which also
makes the 4-side scroll-buttons misbehave — 'xev' reports scroll up as '1',
down as '3', left as '2', right as '8')

Notice:
* is it normal that the touchpad doesn't get its own /dev/input/by-id/*
file(s)?

I decided to pastebin the additional info, because a) I don't know what this
lists policy is concerning attachments and b) too long e-mails are a pain to
read ;)

The "9-buttoned" mouse with VWheel an HWheel — 'logitech-usb-reciever.fdi':
http://paste.uni.cc/19415

The mouse's 'evtest' output when testing all the buttons and wheels:
http://paste.uni.cc/19416

The touchpad with two buttons and a 4-side scrollbutton — 'synaptics.fdi':
http://paste.uni.cc/19419

The touchpad's 'evtest' output when testing all the buttons (LMB, RMB, "scroll
buttons": up, down, left right):
http://paste.uni.cc/19417

And this is the relevant 'hal-device' output (at least what I think is
relevant):
http://paste.uni.cc/19420

Cheers,
Matija

--
gsm: +386 41 849 552
e-mail: matija.suklje at rutka.net
www: http://matija.suklje.name

aim: hookofsilver
icq: 110183360
jabber/g-talk: matija.suklje at gabbler.org
msn: matija.suklje at rutka.net
yahoo: matija_suklje
GPG/PGP fingerprint: FB64 FFAF B8DA 5AB5 B18A 98B8 2B68 0B51 0549 D278