Xvfb over Linux Virtual Framebuffer Driver

Leandro Galvez galvez.andy at cassis-intl.com
Thu Nov 13 18:15:15 PST 2008

Hi guys,

    Really need your help on this. Please help. In case you need to analyse my complete input and output files, attached is my config file and my output log file below.

Thanks and best regards,
Andy

CONFIG FILE
  Section "Device"
      Identifier "FBDevice"
      Driver "fbdev"
      Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
  EndSection

  Section "Screen"
  I    dentifier "FBScreen"
      Device "FBDevice"
      SubSection "Display"
          Modes "default"
      EndSubSection
  EndSection

  Section "ServerLayout"
      Identifier "FBLayout"
      Screen "FBScreen"
  EndSection

LOG FILE
  X.Org X Server 1.4.2
  Release Date: 11 June 2008
  X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
  Build Operating System: Linux Debian (xorg-server 2:1.4.2-7)
  Current Operating System: Linux (none) 2.6.16.11-v012 #2 Tue Nov 4 09:48:40 SGT 2008 armv4tl
  Build Date: 30 September 2008 04:47:25PM

  Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
  Module Loader present
  (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
  (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Thu Jan 1 00:30:28 1970
  (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
  (==) ServerLayout "FBLayout"
  (**) |-->Screen "FBScreen" (0)
  (**) | |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
  (**) | |-->Device "FBDevice"
  (==) No monitor specified for screen "FBScreen".
  Using a default monitor configuration.
  (==) Automatically adding devices
  (==) Automatically enabling devices
  (==) No FontPath specified. Using compiled-in default.
  (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
  Entry deleted from font path.
  (WW) The directory "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType" does not exist.
  Entry deleted from font path.
  (==) FontPath set to:
  /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
  /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,
  /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,
  /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
  /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,
  /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi
  (==) RgbPath set to "/etc/X11/rgb"
  (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
  (==) |-->Input Device "<default pointer>"
  (==) |-->Input Device "<default keyboard>"
  (==) The core pointer device wasn't specified explicitly in the layout.
  Using the default mouse configuration.
  (==) The core keyboard device wasn't specified explicitly in the layout.
  Using the default keyboard configuration.
  (II) No APM support in BIOS or kernel
  (II) Loader magic: 0x1a0564
  (II) Module ABI versions:
  X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.3
  X.Org Video Driver: 2.0
  X.Org XInput driver : 2.0
  X.Org Server Extension : 0.3
  X.Org Font Renderer : 0.5
  (II) Loader running on linux
  (II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
  (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules//libpcidata.so
  (II) Module pcidata: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
  ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 2.0
  (--) using VT number 2

  Fatal server error:
  xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open virtual console 2 (No such file or directory)
  (WW) xf86CloseConsole: KDSETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor
  (WW) xf86CloseConsole: VT_GETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor