Is there a maintainer for proto/trapproto, lib/libXTrap, app/xtrap, and Xorg XTRAP extension?

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Nov 11 07:25:38 PST 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Adam Jackson wrote:

> XTrap was dropped from xserver mainline:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=cbc20d92de92aad5ca240310a9156ccf97c24a01

Hi Adam,

thanks for your quick answer.

> The motivation was that it seems to be redundant in the face of Record
> and Test:
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-June/036214.html
>
> So this probably makes any reorganization you want to do here quite a
> bit simpler.  I wouldn't worry about trying to preserve the ability to
> build older servers with newer versions of trapproto.

Nevertheless, I think things have to be done more or less in the order I
mentioned, not needing, however, any significant delay in between.
And xtrapddmi.h can be dropped.

I could prepare patches for the items 3.1. and 3.2. from my list, but would
need someone to review and apply them. Would you?

Is there a way to move a file between modules while preserving the original
author (git blame) of that file?

Regards,
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>