Calling Xrandr functions in C++ code

Garbs, Leigh Steven (LARC-D107)[UNISYS CORPORATION] Leigh.S.Garbs at nasa.gov
Mon Nov 10 10:02:31 PST 2008

Hello all!

I'm trying to use Xrandr to get a display to change resolution, refresh
rate, and/or turn interlacing on or off, and I'd like to do this with
C++.  I've found plenty of websites with tutorials on how to do this
from the command line, but I haven't seen anything on how to directly
use Xrandr functions from code besides the man page.  I suppose I could
try and use system calls to use Xrandr from the command line, but if
possible I'd rather not.  What complicates this further is the fact that
I've never done any X Window programming, so some of the terminology is
lost on me.

Is there anywhere I can go for hints on how to do this, or am I stuck
with the man page?