[ANNOUNCE] libXaw 1.0.5

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Fri Nov 7 13:29:32 PST 2008

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
>> On Friday 07 of November 2008, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade wrote:
>>
>>> Daniel Stone (2):
>>>       Remove Xaw8 (Xprint)
>>>       Remove last remaining vestiges of Xprint support
>> This removes xaw.m4. Released versions of xlogo, xman, xphelloworld, xfd,
>> xclock, editres, xbiff, listres, possibly others, fail to build now.
>
> Why would they fail to build?   Shouldn't the released versions have
> configure scripts with the xaw.m4 already included?   Or do you mean
> they fail if you try to regenerate their configure scripts?

  I believe it is due to something similar to mandriva xaw packages,
where it runs autoreconf, as there was a patch to xaw.m4, to default
to "--disable-xprint". So, now it should not be required anymore
to "autoreconf".

  libXaw8.* also isn't generated anymore, so one should be careful
when upgrading, as if the package chooses to remove those files,
several programs may break (this, for example is not the case for
Mandriva, where there was an libxaw8 package, but that package
won't be updated anymore)

  That said, don't blame me, I did not remove Xaw8, blame
(as always) Daniel.

Paulo