How to tell if GEM is enabled.

Protas Oleksiy elfy.ua at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:25:26 PST 2008

Hi,

I am sorry for asking on the list such a question, but how one makes
sure GEM is used? I'll explain in more details:
mesa-7.2
xorg-server-1.5.2
libdrm-2.4.0
xf86-video-intel-2.5.0
vanilla linux-2.6.28-rc3
EXA acceleration

When I try running glx app on this setup I get 'Cannot use TTM' error,
so after googling I've found out that TTM support is disabled in
mesa>=7.1. Apparently the system should make use of GEM since it is
present in both kernel and video driver, but for some reason it does
not and I end with SLOW glx visuals(~10x performance drop).

My question is how I check and possibly enable GEM in my OpenGL stack?
Thank you in advance.

PS: dmesg and xorg.log are of no help

--
Protas Oleksiy
National University "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy"