SetCrtcConfig and rotation

Alberto Milone albertomilone at alice.it
Wed Nov 5 09:47:35 PST 2008

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with  SetCrtcConfig (which I access through XCB) and I've
noticed that I can only use Rotate_0, Rotate_180, Reflect_Y or Reflect_X and
Reflect_Y (at the same time).

The values associated with the rotations should be the following:
Rotate_0  == 1
Rotate_90  == 2
Rotate_180  == 4
Rotate_270  == 8
Reflect_X  == 16
Reflect_Y  == 32

Here are the rotation values that I can pass SetCrtcConfig() without making it
raise an xcb.xproto.ValueError.

Rotate_0  -> 1
Rotate_180  -> 4
17 -> Reflect_Y
20 -> Reflect_X and Reflect_Y (at the same time)
33 -> same as 20
36 -> same as 17
49 -> Rotate_180
52-> Rotate_0

crtc.rotations is 63

Any ideas on what's happening or on how to debug the problem?

NOTE: rotations work well if I use xrandr --output LVDS --rotate right, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Alberto