Current tinderbox regression (libxcb)

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Nov 4 21:37:13 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 00:29 -0500, Chris Ball wrote:
> Thanks, added the "make check" test.  I don't know if you plan to have
> the test suite launch X clients in the future, but I added it to the set
> of tests that is run against the newly-built libraries/server/drivers at
> the end of every tinderbox build, so launching clients will work if you
> want to.  Here's the current set of tests used after every build run:
>
>    xcb
>    x11perf
>    rendercheck
>    cairotest
>    cairoperf
>
> Here are the latest test results for the "construct" tinderbox machine:
>    http://tinderbox.x.org/builds/2008-11-05-0005/
>
> (Hm, it says "0 tests passed" for libxcb; any idea what's up with that?)
>
>    > Running the X Test Suite would be awesome too.
>
> I'll take a look at the X Test Suite -- I haven't used it before.
> If there are any other suggestions for test programs to run against
> new builds of servers/drivers, I'd be happy to hear those too.

Running piglit against software GLX would probably be a way of catching
nasty issues in paths that most of us aren't testing on the desktop.

http://people.freedesktop.org/~nh/piglit/

Easy to build, will require some parsing of results.

Also, I notice that the cairo tests are coming out green despite
failures.  Expected so far?

--
Eric Anholt
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com