SDTLOGIN interface

Thu May 29 15:16:56 PDT 2008

Dave Airlie wrote:
> Running the X server as the user is in our upcoming plans for Fedora.
> There is a lot of things that need fixing before this can happen in
> the drivers.

Right - the Solaris solution starts the X server as root, and after all
the hardware is initialized/opened, and the login screen is displayed,
and the user logs in, it then setuid()'s Xorg to run as the user for the
rest of the session.   (I think the addition of VT support in Solaris is
going to make us setuid back to root and then back to the user around VT
switches, but haven't confirmed that.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com