[xorg-server-1.5] build fails against mesa GIT master

Tobias Jakobi liquid.acid at gmx.net
Thu May 29 11:31:59 PDT 2008

Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On 21:06 Wed 28 May     , Tobias Jakobi wrote:
>
>> I'm trying not to build anything outside the Gentoo portage environment,
>> especially something important like xorg-server.
>> Also I don't want to fiddle around too much with the current GIT ebuild.
>>

> I updated all the ebuilds in the x11 overlay for the MPX merge. If they
> don't work for you, please let me know. I'm using them now.
>
> Thanks,
> Donnie

Hi Donnie,

libxcb for example is requiering a python-2.5 version, these are
currently keyworded on gentoo. The current ebuild doesn't check for the
python version, so it fails on my system. I'm not very keen on updating
python anyway, but if that's the only way to get new X env to build I'm
going to try that.

Cheers,
Tobias