-- GMA X3100 Chipset 965 --

Halcon 1 rjoc1 at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 12:42:26 PDT 2008

Hello Everybody

I am new into Linux, after been so disappointed with Windows Vista and I want to try to replace my
Windows with PCLinuxOS 2007. I use to have a dual screen in Windows and that is what I am looking to
archive with PCLinux OS, but it has not been easy.

I bough a Compaq Presario C700 that uses the Intel GMA X3100 graphic card which is included with the
965 chip set.  My laptop is currently using the VESA generic drive, I guess that my first step should be toward
making my computer use the correct drive.

Could you please point me to:

A) What drive do I need to install?
B) where can I download it?
C) How can I install it?.

I am confused because I read I need the X11-driver-video-i810 , but I also read that it was included with the Xorg drivers. I also read that the driver
I need is the X11-driver-video-Intel.

When I try to download and install the Intel 965 chipset video driver that comes with the software, I get an error saying "Could not install
the X11-driver-video-i810 package.  Package X11-driver-video-i810 has not available version, but exist in the database. This typically means that
the package was mentioned in a dependency and never uploaded, has been obsolete or is not available with the contents of the sources.list however the
following packages replace it: X11-driver-video-Intel
E: Package X11-driver-video-i810 has no installation candidate"

I found the package X11-driver-video-i810-1.6.5-4pclos2007.i586.rpm but when I try to install it i get that it conflicts with X11-driver-video-intel-2.1.1-6pclos2008.

All I want to do is to have my dual screen but I figure out I need the right driver before i get to it, when I plug in my external monitor
it only detects one screen and I get the same info in that screen as I get in the laptop screen.

Please help

Thank you in advance