MPX has been merged

Peter Hutterer peter at cs.unisa.edu.au
Tue May 27 06:35:06 PDT 2008

On 27/05/2008, at 10:26 PM, Florian Echtler wrote:
>> The client-side libraries and protocol headers have been merged
>> quietly last
>> week already, this time is just the xserver itself.
> Um, forgive me for what is probably a dumb question, but does that
> mean
> that I can now take this moduleset
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/util/modular.git;a=blob_plain;f=xorg.module
> configure jhbuild with it and get an MPX-capable server?

yes. MPX is now X (or the other way round). So just follow the
standard X build instructions, there are no more branches to build.

>> For the impatient, run the following commands:
>> Update xorg/app/xinput to the most recent version.
>>
>> xinput --list --short
>> xinput --create-master "foobar"
>> xinput --reattach "MyMouse" "foobar pointer"
>> xinput --reattach "MyKeyboard" "foobar keyboard"
> I ran "jhbuild build xinput", but the binary I get doesn't know these
> commands. "xinput version" reports "version 1.3.0", which probably
> isn't
> the right one? What am I missing here?

it may not be picking up the correct libraries and building against
the default system ones. Search config.log for XSetClientPointer. If
the check for it fails, xinput builds with XI 1.x only.
Most likely it's just a matter of adjusting PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point
to the right directory (e.g. /opt/mpx/lib/pkg-config in my case).

Cheers,
   Peter