window resize poor performance

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at gmail.com
Mon May 26 08:42:21 PDT 2008

El Lunes 26 Mayo 2008, Michel Dänzer escribió:
> On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 16:56 +0200, Miguel Angel Alvarez wrote:

> > > Can you confirm that disabling composite does in fact resolve the issue
> > > for you?
> > >
> > > It'd also be interesting to see the result of an oprofile run, and also
> > > the steps Michel mentions for me to try if indeed it's falling back to
> > > software (seems likely).
> >
> > Here are the results of a oprofile run
> > To collect data I resized some windows, scrolled a webpage and played a
> > couple of youtube videos.
>
> Please try and focus on a single activity for each profile run as much
> as possible to make it most useful. Also, it looks like these only
> contain symbols from the X server binary itself but not from modules
> like EXA or the driver, which would be necessary to get an idea what's
> going on.
Sorry, it is the first time I use oprofile, so I don't really know well what
I'm doing.
I restricted profiling with "opcontrol --image=/usr/bin/Xorg", could this be
the cause of having only symbols from the X server?
How should I run the oprofile?

--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)