git with modular build.sh ->libXext build bombs with "Xge.c:42:35: error: X11/extensions/XInput.h: No such file or directory"

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Mon May 26 06:23:37 PDT 2008

		Hi.

While building current git versions of today, my build failed with

Xge.c:42:35: error: X11/extensions/XInput.h: No such file or directory

in building libXext. This is understandable, as this file seems to be
included in libXi, which needs libXext to be already installed to build
... hm ... (so I couldn't simply reverse the build-order to have it
already present when building libXext...).

Anything I've overlooked here or is that a case of "error happened
because test-build had an installed version of Xorg in the backgroud to
avoid that" ?

		greets,
		  jens
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
		23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion