[ANNOUNCE] xinit 1.0.9

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Sun May 25 09:35:41 PDT 2008

So... why does xserverrc start the server as :0 if you start it as '/
path/to/xserverrc :1' ?  That sounds like a bug with the xserverrc to
me rather than startx...  I would consider it a bug (or atleast
obscure, poorly defined behavior) that startx switched to using /usr/
X11/bin/X rather than ~/.xserverrc if all you did was give it command
line options.

I could obviously put in a condition to have that old behavior, but it
seems incorrect to behave that way.

Anyone have thoughts on that?

--Jeremy