window resize poor performance

Miguel Angel Alvarez maacruz at gmail.com
Tue May 20 11:20:11 PDT 2008

El Martes 20 Mayo 2008, Ray Van Dolson escribió:
> Hi all.  Using Fedora 9 a custom xf86-video-ati driver from the git
> repo with a Radeon 9800XT  Using the GNOME terminal, resizing is
> somewhat decent, but in XFCE, its Terminal application is horribly slow
> resizing.  Definitely seems to be falling back to software.

Hi all,
I have a quite similar problem, but it affects all windows.
I'm using opensuse 11.0 beta3 (which ships xserver 1.4.0.90) with a Radeon
9200SE (rv280), so by default aiglx and composite are enabled, and any window
resizing is very very slow, no matter if I use compiz or not as window
manager.
I have tryed using XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 before starting X but it doesn't
help.
Is there any fix other than disabling composite?

--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)