pci_enable_device for pciaccess?

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Mon May 19 20:36:22 PDT 2008

Dave Airlie escreveu:
> Okay I've been playing with getting posting working again in master,

Yay!

> I can make it work on Linux if I use the OS to enable the device in
> /sys before trying to POST it.
>
> However I really think this should be pciaccess functionality, so I'd
> like to add a pci_enable_device function to libpciaccess and call it
> from the server before trying to POST secondary cards.

+1

> Long term the posting should be done before X starts but I want to fix
> the regression for Fedora.

Before X starts? I'd imagine a situation where someone insert a new
display or that fancy usb video cards while the X is running. So in this
case a hook inside the server is also needed.

> the other option is to haxor the int10 module to do this on Linux, but
> I'd rather expand pciaccess.

Yes, this is what I initially thought as well. So I started nuking int10
module inside the server and transformed in a library (which differs
from mjg56's version which is not updated and synchronized with last
xorg modifications). Maybe we could link it against the libpciaccess to
do the POST/setup. I don't know, you can say it better.

     http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vignatti/libx86/

(The X server side modification to use this library is trivial. Just
link it against the library and git-rm hw/xfree/int10 basically)

Cheers,

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre