A new GTK+ UI for XRandR

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Sun May 18 11:12:03 PDT 2008

I saw grandr but a) it crashes and b) it didn't offer the features I
wanted. So I hacked up a my own graphical interface to xrandr 1.2. It
allows to configure the screen size and output devices independently. If
the output resolution is smaller then the screen size, you can drag the
viewport around the screen. The UI looks fairly basic, currently there
is one popup dialog which I don't like and will remove sometime later. I
tried to keep the UI intuitive, I hope I did well. A screenshot is
attached. If there is positive feedback I might upload the source
somewhere. The current code is a bit unclean and there are a few bugs
etc. But it works fine with my G965 chipset in my laptop and the
external screen (if you know which buttons not to press ;) ). I called
it 'vxc' - 'Visual X Configuration'. I know, it's a stupid name.

cheers
tom