MPX and multitouch

Jordi Polo mumismo at gmail.com
Wed May 14 08:00:30 PDT 2008

I have been thinking about an architecture for gestures etc. And it is
difficult to make it out of the toolkits.

Basically, the toolkits already have an event loop where they take events
from X.
It is easy to implement mouse gestures for simple and multi pointers there.
multitouch gestures, they much more difficult but I don't see good reasons
to move them outside that even loop.

Also, I don't even know how to do it. Having a library that intercepts mouse
events process them and send their events?
And toolkits will receive mouse events and a delayed (processing) gesture
event and they should figure out is the same thing? or that library will
filter the mouse events ? is it possible? will toolkits use it?

On the MPX front, what's the state of XBlobEvent? do you get it working with
any hardware ?

--
Jordi Polo Carres
NLP laboratory - NAIST