Where is libGLcore.so ?

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon May 12 10:21:36 PDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >  proto/glproto?
>
>  glproto sounds right to me, but Kristian just made the effort to pull
>  dri_interface.h from xf86driproto and get it into mesa, so he might
>  not be that excited about it.

Yeah, glproto is not the right place for this.  glproto are the
protocol tokens and structs for marshalling GLX requests (and with
Georges SW DRI work we can soon drop glcore.h from glproto).
dri_interface.h and dri_sarea.h describe the interface to the DRI
drivers, and since mesa is where the dri drivers live, that's where
those headers belong.

What we can do instead, and this is much better in fact, is to get
Georges work committed, which will drop the X dependency from glcore
(which I hope we can rename to swdri) and build sw dri and the hw dri
drivers in mesa before building X.  The only nit then is that building
libGL requires libX11 installed, which isn't a big problem and
certainly not a circular dependency.  And it's easy to fix: split
libGL from mesa, which seems like the right thing to do anyway.

Kristian