Where is libGLcore.so ?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 11 10:22:20 PDT 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 7:03 PM,  <pcpa at mandriva.com.br> wrote:
> Quoting Ritesh Sood <riteshsood at gmail.com>:
>
>> So now my question is, where is libGLcore.so, and what am i missing ?
>
>  You need to run "make glcore glcore-install" in the mesa build.
>
>  But I believe something must be done about it, as now there is a
> cyclic dependency of X Server and mesa for the glcore targets.

I think that's just how it's going to be because glcore depends on the
xserver and internal parts of mesa. The alternative is to go back to
pulling in nearly all of the mesa source into the build. This broke
often, and now all that's needed is a few files to build GLX.

You're best to just treat GLcore like it's a separate package, just
that it happens to use the same mesa sources. I have a patch
pending[1] that should make the process like this:

1. Build mesa DRI using --with-driver=dri
2. Build xserver
3. Build mesa GLcore using --with-driver=glcore

--
Dan

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mesa3d.devel/10596