Where is libGLcore.so ?

Ritesh Sood riteshsood at gmail.com
Sat May 10 17:43:44 PDT 2008

My X-window system is built from the latest git sources, and is
regularly updated. Until recently, libGLcore.so used to be in
$XHOME/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/; and I believe xserver installs it
there. When I build mesa, I tell it to install the dri drivers in
/usr/local/lib/dri and accordingly set the option
--with-dri-driver-path=/usr/local/lib/dri while building the xserver.
Not that dri is of any use to me, I'm running an Radeon HD 3850 card
with radeonhd -- still I should at least get software rendering. So
now the server fails to start up with the EE message that libGLcore.so
cannot be found in /usr/local/lib/dri ! Just as an experiment, i
symlinked the old  libGLcore.so (build on Apr 22, 2008)  in
$XHOME/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so to
/usr/local/lib/dri/libGLcore.so
That didn't work, of-course, loader complains of some symbol not being found.

So now my question is, where is libGLcore.so, and what am i missing ?

Thanks,
 Ritesh