How to load a per-user xkbmap?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu May 8 15:08:11 PDT 2008

I've written my own xkb map (thanks to [0]), but now I am unsure how
to load it.

0. http://www.xfree86.org/current/XKB-Enhancing4.html

I am on a single-user machine, and I'd really like to
replace my crufty xmodmap script with the new map, but I cannot
figure out how to load the map from my xsession. I'd rather not
modify /etc for this, and /usr/share/X11 is certainly out of the
question.

How can I load a custom xkb map, which I've placed under $HOME?

minchinhampton (n.): the expression on a man's face when he has just
zipped up his trousers without due care and attention.
                               -- douglas adams, the meaning of liff

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net