HDMI out on RS780 with xf86-video-ati

Niels Ole Salscheider niels_ole at salscheider-online.de
Tue May 6 08:15:29 PDT 2008

Hello.

> It works for VGA-0 output but my TFT attached to HDMI-0 with a HDMI->DVI
> adapter just becomes black as soon as I start the X-server.
> Nevertheless, all screens become black (not even VGA-0 works) when I kill
> the X-server.

> Is this a known issue or is something wrong with my xorg.conf?

It seems to be a known issue since I could find the same problem on the x.org
Mailinglist:

http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-driver-ati/2008-March/004799.html

Alex Deutcher asked for the log but since I can't find any answer I wonder if
Magnus Hörlin sent it to him.
Are you (Alex) working on it or do you need further information? I would like
to help you with this issue as far as I can.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Ole