GL_EXT_framebuffer_object on Intel 855GM

Roland Scheidegger sroland at tungstengraphics.com
Mon May 5 05:00:48 PDT 2008

Teemu Ikonen wrote:
> [sorry about the previous incomplete message sent to the list]
>
> Hi all,
>
> I just built the whole X stack (with the exception of Gallium) from
> git with the help of instructions at
> http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/git in an effort to get my Intel
> 855GM graphics device to support the framebuffer object extension.
> Although the i915 dri drivers do contain the fbo code, I had no luck
> getting it to work. The server works, although with some text
> rendering defects, but the extension is not there.
>
> Can this extension be supported at all with this hardware?
It definitely could be supported (I think it would be difficult to
actually design some hardware where this would be impossible to
support...). I think it should work for the i855 with the i915 dri git
driver, but fbo will only work if ttm is available. For this you need a
new enough xorg ddx driver and git drm. I don't know what part you're
missing, check the logs (see intel_init_bufmgr in intel_context.c to see
what versions are required).

Roland