Panasonic ToughBook CF-18 touchscreen issues

John R. johnr at wowway.com
Sat May 3 06:16:05 PDT 2008

Mart van de Wege wrote:

> The touchscreen is the only component not working correctly:

I have both touchscreen and touchpad working with the following
xorg.conf snippets:

in section ServerLayout:

InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice    "Touchscreen" "CorePointer"

As I recall, one of the above CorePointer devices is redundant and xorg
disables it.

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         # I tried to make evdev work for driver or protocol but it
         # breaks Emulate3Buttons.  That stops paste from working.
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mouse1"
#       Option      "Device" "/dev/input/event5"
#       Option      "evBits" "+1-2"
#       Option      "keyBits" "~272-287"
#       Option      "relBits" "~0-2 ~6 ~8"
#       Option      "Pass" "3"
         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
         Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "100"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier "Touchscreen"
         Driver "evtouch"
         Option "Device" "/dev/input/event5"
         Option "DeviceName" "Touchscreen"
         Option "MinX" "75"
         Option "MinY" "932"
         Option "MaxX" "955"
         Option "MaxY" "60"
         Option "ReportingMode" "Raw"
         Option "Emulate3Buttons"
         Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
         Option "SendCoreEvents" "On"
         Option "SwapY"
EndSection

evtouch from the maintainer does not work on recent xorg-xerver (1.4).
Some of the distros have patched it but I could not get them to work
(details escape me).

It would be a good thing if evtouch was part of xorg.

John