Xorg Module Categories and Status

Michael Verret axxium.zenlnx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:26:44 PDT 2008

Hi,

The latest reference to what modules fall under certain categories and their
status such as in "experimental, demos, core" I have found here in the wiki
at http://www.x.org/wiki/ModuleDescriptions however it is a bit dated and I
would like to have a more accurate listing of the current modules.

I maintain the Xorg & Mesa packages for Zenwalk GNU/Linux and I am looking
to enhance the package selection by separating core, dev, demo, deprecated
and experimental modules to better offer my users accurate package
selections. We do not build individual packages for each module and prefer
to group similar modules. See here for an example:
http://download.zenwalk.org/i486/current/x/

Where can I find information to determine the exact status of modules as the
move to/from core, dev, demo, deprecated and experimental?

Thanks,
Michael Verret (AxXium)