Backport of "intel" driver to Xorg 7.0

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Mar 28 06:24:16 PDT 2008

On Mar 28, 08 12:51:01 +0100, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> I got to the point where driver is compiling and 2D acceleration using
> XAA is working (providing much better speed than Vesa), but I cannot
> make XV work as it is using "textured video" (I guess overlay mode is
> not present in 965G) and some necessary arguments are missing for
> textured video. Namely:
>
> Function I830PutImage() in 7.0 does not have "DrawablePtr pDraw"
> argument, so later on the following code does not work:
>     if (pDraw->type == DRAWABLE_WINDOW) {
> 	pPixmap = (*pScreen->GetWindowPixmap)((WindowPtr)pDraw);
>     } else {
> 	pPixmap = (PixmapPtr)pDraw;
>     }

I hit exactly the same issue. The attached patch fixes the problem for
me, though I don't know ATM whether the choice I made is correct or only
works by accident.

Note also that this doesn't test for the API, so only apply this patch
when compiling for older Xservers. Unfortunately there's no easy way to
detect this ABI change. :-(

CU

Matthias

--