Strange nouveau/nv/cairo bug

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Mon Mar 17 08:01:35 PDT 2008

Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 23:25 +0100, Simon Thum wrote:
>>> Should I file this as a nv, nouveau or cairo bug?
>> Exacly the same here, but only if EXA + xorg 1.4.0.90 is used. BTW I use
>> the radeon driver. I'd say cairo or EXA, especially since XAA doesn't
>> exhibit that behaviour.
>
> Does it still happen with the xserver master or 1.5 branch?
No, I tried to do measurements/profiles with rather current xorg and
current (now ~2w old), but it didn't show up.
With that config (R200 chip, radeon, EXA) I didn't experience those
drops anymore.
FF3, however, showed shortly soldid black in the tab area when
tab-switching, but that is so apparent and a common case that I just
presumed it won't get lost.

1.5 branch: probably OK since the branch is newer than my current xorg
git. If requested I can recheck.

Regards,

Simon