Native win32 port of libX11 using MinGW - help pls

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:18:49 PDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks for responding back....am at a hairs end trying to figure this out

>>Do you know

>>http://www.jcraft.com/weirdx/index.html

Anders from what I understand this is a java X-server.....what i need
is the client library. I'd also not prefer Java nor Cygwin for that
matter because of speed. I'd like native code and I know it's been
done before - probably in Release 6.9.0.

>>Have you checked out Xming?

>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming

Jamie - yes, again this is an Xserver.....i don't think it has Xlib
which is required only by clients from what i understand.....also the
maintained of this project used to be Alexander Gottwald who in the
end of 2004 has mentioned that he's added mingw support to
libX11.....its just that I can't seem to find it.....it probably got
taken off during the autoconf migration later or something like that.

As I said earlier.....I've made a test Xclient and tried compiling the
C source files and statically linking the object files to it. The code
works....however it doesn't function perfectly - will work on some
xservers and won't on others.....I'm guessing all of that is because I
do have any defines put in (the execution code path isn't
optimal)........but this proves that the code itself runs under
win32....just got to figure out the build environment.

Would appreciate any pointers.

Bye for now