EFI- intel xorg-driver for Macbook

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:12:23 PDT 2008

Peter Weber wrote:

> The graphic's drivers from Intel really on the VideoBIOS, which is (of
> course?) not available on an EFI-Platform.

If you would have read the two replies posted to your message, you would
understand that the intel driver should support EFI based machines but
apparently this has been a trouble spot in the past, so if you are having a
problem, open a bug and describe the problem, they'll do their best to fix
problems. Contrary to what you seem to think, given a good bug report, they
are usually very good at doing their part. At least that has been my
observation.

Furthermore, the rEFIt page you quoted was last updated in late 2006. It is
now 2008. The intel driver especially has seen quite a lot of radical
changes since then, and while I don't know if the video BIOS is required
_at all_ to use the driver, I do know that saying the Intel driver relies
on the video BIOS is at best misleading and definitely outdated.

--
Andrew Barr

Now Playing: Sting - Consider Me Gone