EFI- intel xorg-driver for Macbook

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Mar 11 14:05:53 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 19:40 +0100, Peter Weber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a xorg-driver for the X3100 in development, which really
> support's EFI?
>
> I am really frustrated due the bad support from Intel, for it's only
> EFI-Technology! I don't want use the legacy-bios, because GNU/LINUX
> fully supports EFI.
>
> With imacfb I can use the framebuffer in the ttys1-6 which is enough for
> me personally, because I use the shell for all standard jobs including
> image-viewing with FBI and for multimedia MPLAYER.
> But sometimes even a shell-fanboy want it's X11 with OpenGL-Acceleration
> for a round Quake3 or Urban-Terror :-(

While my Mac Mini is use through BootCamp, I've worked with others to
resolve issues found with EFI mode on Mac Minis to get them working.

Any issues with Macbooks and EFI should be resolvable if you provide us
information on what fails in a bug report on bugzilla.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com