Mouse Issues with evdev driver

Khelben Blackstaff eye.of.the.8eholder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 12:28:23 PDT 2008

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:53:58 +0200
Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:

Hello Mr. Stone.
Thank you for the rapid response.

> Pretty sure the problem here is just a lack of debouncing; IMO this
> should be kernelside, though it's debateable, and I'm certainly not
> opposed to including debouncing support in X.

Do you know how can i add debouncing ? Is there any patch for the
kernel and/or X ?

> > 2) Two buttons (named Zoom-,Zoom+) don't produce events in xev.
>
> Can you run evtest to see what keycode they are? Likely, the keycode's
> just above 255, which we can't support right now.

Thank you for pointing out evtest. It didn't even cross my mind.
It didn't show any event for these two buttons but lead me to
think that they have some hid code unknown to the kernel. Indeed
hid debug showed
drivers/hid/hid-core.c: report 3 (size 3) =  03 20 00
drivers/hid/hid-core.c: report 3 (size 3) =  03 21 00
so the hid codes should be 0x2003 and 0x2103
Zoom In/Out are 0x1a2/a3 so > 255 therefore i'll map them to
some unused keys < 255 for now.

Thank you again.