Tell the Xfbdev server not to update a screen region

Bin Chen binary.chen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:03:29 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am planning to write a small media player into an embedded device,
the device has limited computing power so I need to make the drawing
procedure as fast as possible. The frontend is GTK+ so I think if I
use gdk_draw_pixbuf will cause the drawn picture to be copied into
server(or use SHM but I think there still some overhead). So I want to
output the decoded frame directly into the /dev/fb(opened in another
application), as X is running, so I need to prevent X to update some
region that the media player is currently drawing into.

Is it possible?

Bin