Changing a system sync counter

Mark Peloquin markpeloquin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:41:16 PDT 2008

I was hoping I could get mplayer and xscreensaver to play better
together, but I'm not much of an X programmer.  I had read about a new
system sync counter called 'IDLETIME' in the X Synchronization
Extension.  It seems like a great solution, but I'm unable to reset the
timer to zero, as system sync counters are read-only.  A query on the
timer value returns (GetTimeInMillis() -
lastDeviceEventTime.milliseconds).  Is there any way I might easily
affect lastDeviceEventTime with some sort of null event?

Mark