Xephyr -geometry patch

davor emard davoremard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 17:39:42 PDT 2008

Really a set of small patches would be no problem, we can
package them up nice in deb, rpm, ebuild etc. so they will
practically be invisible for ordinary users.

in xephyr, there's non-working -origin x,y
(claimed to work for xinerama but I guess it's just a NOP)
A -geometry and -display are just sign of good intention to
clean implement xepyhr's commandline options like other X
applications all have.

I've seen certain amount of "dirtiness" in the xephyr code so a
bit of development traffic should help clean the dirt and make it
better and more useful for everyone

After all isn't unix meant to be universal os and shouldn't
pepole every day discover new field of application for old
tools that initial author didn't even think they could be used for?
so I think xehpyr and xorg as well would benefit from some extra
patching

Best regards, Davor