Keyboard repeat problem

Peter Hessler phessler at theapt.org
Sun Mar 9 14:53:42 PDT 2008

On 2008 Mar 09 (Sun) at 20:51:25 +0000 (+0000), Rui Tiago Ca????o Matos wrote:
:On 09/03/2008, Bruce Cran <bruce at cran.org.uk> wrote:
:> I'm seeing a problem with the keyboard repeat in Xorg 7.3 on FreeBSD
:>  7.0/amd64 on a Dell laptop.  When I press and hold a key at most about
:>  20 characters are displayed before stopping; usually
:>  the repeat doesn't happen and only a single character is
:>  displayed.  This happens no matter what window
:>  manager I use, and I've tried both the built-in keyboard and an external
:>  USB Dell keyboard.  The configuration section of xorg.conf contains:
:
:I share your pain. It also happens to me on a Latitude D630 running
:both linux distros I've used with it: Fedora 7 and 8. I guess it's an
:hardware problem though I'd have to see how Windows behaves but I
:don't have it installed anymore ;-)
:
:Anyway, I don't find it much of a problem though, as it happens very seldomly.
:
:Rui

This does not happen for me on a d630 running OpenBSD/amd64 4.3, with
Xorg 7.3.  '0' repeats until I let go.  :)

--
Life would be much simpler and things would get done much faster if it
weren't for other people