Intel ( i845G ) profiling

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Fri Mar 7 11:54:28 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 20:09 +0100, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> > As I wrote you just before I read this, I've got a very similar R280. FF
> >  2/3 (tabs) and thunderbird (scrolling the inbox) are unuseable to me w/EXA.
> >  Maybe you can profile this?
> I can only second that, FireFox seems to stress EXA quite a lot.
> Scrolling in webpages is really very slow on my 945GM with EXA enabled
> - however I have not a very recent driver so maybe things have
> changed.
> Things where scrolling is horrible include large GMail message lists.

Firefox is by far the best 2D desktop performance test we've found so
far (render microbenchmarks I've seen so far overvalue image scaling and
undervalue text rendering and trapezoid rasterization).  And they have a
way to do reproducible runs of rendering pages, which is great.
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla2:Trender

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com