Intel ( i845G ) profiling

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Wed Mar 5 20:21:51 PST 2008

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:44:31 +1100 Daniel Kasak <dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au>
babbled:

> Some discussion regarding EXA performance for my graphics chip motivated
> me to do some profiling.

good man! i'm really happy our little benchmark toys have proven useful :) this
whole chicken and egg game we have with xrender/exa etc. performance (client
space won't rely on it until its pretty much universlly "really fast" and
drivers wont accelerate it until client space utterly relies on it) is a
problem and i hoped that performance benchmark suites would be a goof bridge.
basically xrender with software fallbacks should not be appreciably slower than
a pure software pipeline. as such things like a gl pipeline should be a good
indication of were things should be - if done optimally (if the gl pipeline is
optimal too) and xrender should be close to gl speeds.

anyway - i'm glad its useful. keep up the benchmarking and lets hope not too
long from now most chipsets and drivers are running smoothing with xrender.

ten i can get onto my next favorite game and bitching about the quality of the
rendering ( e.g. filtered downscaling in xrender :):) )