multiseat with xserver 1.4.0

Eugene roginovicci at nm.ru
Wed Mar 5 00:27:15 PST 2008

Having new feature added (autodetection with Hal/Dbus) I have lost the
multi-seat configuration here. Using Xorg 7.1 it was qute easy to configure
system with both X servers running (Seat0 and Seat1) at the same time. These
was using double set of video, keyboards and mice, so there was two fully
functionality working places. Input devices was separated with evdev driver.
Now it seems that evdev hav only one Option left - Option "Device" all other
(like Option "Phys" Option "Name") are gone. It seems that detection of what
input device is goes through Hal daemon. That's would be fine, but there is
one big trouble I can't resolve without your help. How could I force Seat0
layout X server to work with only one keyboard at the time with autodetection
on. Is there option in Hal configuration file I can adjust to Xserver
understood that with the define layout (Seat0) it should use Keyboard1 and
for other layout (Seat1) it would be using only Keyboard2. This is option in
server layout section      InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard". But Using
auto detection I can't say which is Keyboard1. Is it possible multiseat whit
autodetection?

Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks to all readers.
Sincerely, Eugene