i810 driver for tv out

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Mar 4 13:03:10 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 15:03 +0100, Matteo Manzinello wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a MB with Intel 845GV Chrontel CH7009/CH7017 TV-out encoder and
> use a Debian Etch distribution. With default installation use a i810
> driver in xorg.conf. I have only TV-out connector with S-Video but
> have a problem with a screen, there are the black border. Is it
> possibile overscan or extend the image?

We don't currently support CH7xxx DVO TV out, only DVI out.  We are
currently not working on improvements to DVO drivers, as our plans are
all full of supporting features on newer hardware that intel is putting
out themselves.  However, the Chrontel specs are open, so anybody who
wanted to write a driver for it for xf86-video-intel could, and they
would have the opportunity to control overscan and other options in the
way that the old pre-2.0 driver couldn't.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com