GSoC CM collaboration

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Mon Mar 3 10:46:16 PST 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 06:59:50PM +0100, Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> It adds additional costs, that's true, but so does if every toolkit does
> the transformation on its own!

*Way* less in the toolkit, though.  Look at your screen, and think
about the number of color lookups the toolkit would have to do
compared to the number of pixels in the window.

> Also, you wouldn't have to run the shader
> on every window, maybe only on those that have a profile specified on
> their window and by that are showing that they care about the colors.

Well, if you want to do it on for the windows which care, your job is
already done.  The applications which do care about CM already manage
it internally.  No need to add anything else in the server or the
composite manager (which I've yet to see someone keep running after
the novelty has worn off).

  OG.