keyboard crashes in current git

David Miller davem at davemloft.net
Sun Mar 2 22:31:09 PST 2008

I suspect it's caused by all of the recent XKB work by Daniel Stone.

My keyboard is using pre-XKB keymaps, the curKeySyms.map is NULL for
the device so even the very first getevents call gets a SIGSEGV.

Here is a trace from some of the relevant code:

InitKeyboardDeviceStruct(dev[0x338bb8],pSyms[0xff9ad5b8])=1
InitKeyboardDeviceStruct: dev->key->curKeySyms.map[(nil)]

So XKB is passing in the non-NULL pSyms but for some reason
it isn't getting attached to dev->key->curKeySyms.map

GetKeyboardValuatorEvents: pDev(0x338bb8) map((nil))

And then we crash in GetKeyboardValuatorEvents because it is
NULL.

My inputdevice section for the keyboard looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"kbd"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"us"
EndSection

I'm happy to test any patches that fix this, thanks.